Pissed off, rankled and other stages of unfettered umbrage

The world is overflowing with people who either intentionally or unknowingly piss other people off. There should be a tactful way of telling such people they are rude, arrogant, and beyond all human endurance. Sadly, I have yet to find it.

Like the clueless financial conglomerate trying to hawk another money-sucking product no one needs. Don't these people know that no matter how many times they interrupt an otherwise pleasant day, the person they want to speak with is never home? What is it about "please send your information in the mail because the person is unavailable" don't they understand?

And what about people who drive without any concern for the safety of others? Just the other day, I was about to take my turn at a four-way stop and along comes some loony-tune who didn't even bother to slow down. Seriously, the jerk could have turned us both into dog meat. Defensive driving saved the day, but boy, did I ever sweat bullets. My face may have literally turned purple.

Don't get me started about co-workers. Malicious, sabotaging co-workers. People who wouldn't think twice about sticking a knife in your back while lying sweetly to your face. In my entire lifetime, which is no small measure, I have encountered only one such person, an evil-minded, rosacea-scarred nitwit with delusions of grandeur. I won't divulge the gory details of my workplace trials and tribulations, but suffice it to say, the nimrod's general demeanor was nothing short of blood vessel bursting, and that's putting it kindly.

And then, there's the dregs of society. People who are so base, so callous, so lacking in any shred of common human decency, no act of horror is beneath them. This week, a Cherry Hill parent publicly accused a family acquaintance of raping her 18-month old toddler. Details are murky. The baby contracted gonorrhea sometime in late April, however, since that time, no charges have been filed. Baltimore police continue their investigation.

Knowing the city the way I do, the mother probably went public due to the slow pace of the investigation. I'm not quite sure if police are to blame. The matter could have been tied up in Social Services. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if that department dragged their heels while the mother stewed.

Still, is there any question how an 18-month old girl contracted gonorrhea?  It didn't just jump off a toilet seat. Somebody raped that baby. If not the lowlife family acquaintance, then who? I know the mother feels horrible and is hell-bent on bringing the perpetrator to justice, but shouldn't she have called police the minute she received the diagnosis? I know I would have. In the meantime, somewhere, someplace, human garbage continues to roam the streets of Charm City. It's enough to make my blood boil.

Invertebrates who should be hogtied, tarred and feathered, and dragged upside down out of town. I try very hard not be one of them.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your feedback